Return to Our Parks >>
This park was
donated to the people of Florence by Dr.
Kirk R. and Lillian Cook-Diebert who
initially acquired this property in 1952. It
was officially dedicated on May 25, 2000.
It is located at the corner of Darby Drive &
Cox Creek Parkway (AL 133)
This acreage was
once a part of a large antebellum plantation
owned by Judge Sidney Cherry Posey. In 1875
his heirs sold his farm to Charles Posey who
had worked these same fields as a slave.
Later, Charles and his wife, Amcy, began
dividing the land among their heirs and this
settlement became known as Posey. According
to tradition, Charles Posey built a
schoolhouse here for his children and others
in the neighborhood.
Children's Museum of
is located at the entrance of the
Wisconsin-style barn that will
eventually become an educational
- Location of
Children's Museum of the Shoals
and a playground.
- Pets are
allowed on a leash only.
- Deibert Park is
a passive park and is not used for
- Florence Parks
& Recreation Department Central Office
located here. (Shown at right)